Your privacy is important to ETI. This privacy notice provides information about the personal information that ETI collects, the ways in which ETI uses that personal information and your rights. ETI (“ETI”, “we” or “us”) is the data controller of the personal information collected via or in connection with ETI.com and community.ETI.com (the “Website”).
What personal information do we collect about you?
ETI collects personal information from you when you provide it to us directly and through your use of the Website. This information may include the following kinds of personal information:
- information collected automatically about your use of the Website using cookies and other tracking technologies (e.g. what pages you visit and the time and date of your visit). We may also collect information about the device you use to access the Website;
- information that you provide for the purpose of registering or creating a user account with the Website, (e.g. your name, email address, phone number, job title, company name, user credentials and country);
- information you provide to us in order to sign up for our newsletters or to receive information about our services (e.g. your name, email address, phone number and company)
- information you provide in order to participate in the Website’s chatrooms (“Rooms”) and discussion boards (e.g. your comments and messages);
- records of your interactions with us (e.g. if you ask us a question on the ‘Chat’ function or if you interact with us on social media);
- any other information that you provide to ETI or which is necessary for us to process in order to provide and maintain the Website.
What do we use this personal information for?
Depending on how you use our Website, your interactions with us, and the permissions you give us, ETI may use your personal information to:
- administer the Website and maintain and monitor its usage;
- carry out market research (e.g. we may collect comments and feedback posted on the Website about our services);
- personalise the Website for you and to show you content we think you will be most interested in, based on your browsing activity or user account information;
- enable your access to and use of the Website;
- send you marketing communications and to show you targeted advertising where we have your consent or are otherwise permitted to do so;
- comply with our legal and regulatory obligations; and
- for security purposes, to investigate fraud and where necessary to protect ourselves and third parties.
ETI will rely on one or more of the following as the legal basis, under data protection law, to process your personal information:
- because the processing is necessary to perform a contract with you, or take steps prior to entering into a contract with you (e.g. where you contact us because you want to purchase our services we will use your personal information to arrange and put in place the relevant contract);
- because we have obtained your consent (e.g. where you contact ETI with a query, where you add optional information to your user account profile, or if you consent to receive marketing from us);
- because it is in our legitimate interests as a next-generation communications and community platform provider to maintain and promote our services and understand our customers. We are always seeking to improve our services and understand our customers better so that we can provide the best services and customer experience. We will, therefore, rely on legitimate interests where we use your personal information to administer the Website, carry out market research and to secure the Website and the Rooms and discussion boards.
Who do we share your personal information with?
ETI may share your personal information with third parties in the following circumstances:
- with our suppliers and service providers where they provide services to us which involves them handling personal information on our behalf (e.g. if we use service providers to send email marketing);
- with our professional and legal advisers where ETI requires professional advice;
- with third parties engaged in fraud detection or prevention;
- with law enforcement or other governmental authorities;
- in the event that we sell any business assets, the personal information of our customers may be disclosed to a potential buyer. In this event, we will make reasonable attempts to ensure the buyer will be bound by the terms of this privacy notice;
- to the extent that ETI is required to disclose the personal information by law, for instance, in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings, and in order to establish, exercise or defend its legal rights.
Securing your personal information
ETI will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information and will store all the personal information we process on our secure servers.
Information relating to electronic transactions entered into via the Website will be protected by encryption technology.
Storage and Cross-border data transfers
We use service providers based around the world. Consequently, your personal information may be processed in countries outside of Europe, including in countries where you may have fewer legal rights in respect of your information than you do under local law. If we transfer personal information to a country outside the UK and the European Economic Area we will, as required by applicable law, ensure that your privacy rights are adequately protected. Please contact us if you would like more information about these transfers.
We will keep your personal information for as long as we need it for the purposes set out in this privacy notice, and so this period will vary depending on your interactions with us. For example, we may keep a record of correspondence with you (for example if you have made a complaint about our services) for as long as is necessary to protect us from a legal claim. Where we no longer have a need to keep your information, we will delete it. Please note that where you unsubscribe from our marketing communications, we will keep a record of your email address to ensure we do not send you marketing emails in future.
We love to communicate with our customers and so, depending on your marketing preferences, we may use your personal information to send you marketing messages by email, post and via your browser.
If you no longer want to receive marketing communications from us (or would like to opt back in), you can change your preferences at any time by contacting email@example.com[IM3] , clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any email, or updating your settings in your account. If you unsubscribe from marketing, please note we may still contact you with service messages from time to time (e.g. if we need to provide you with information about the services or products you have purchased from us).
You may also see ads for our Website on third-party websites, including on social media. These ads may be tailored to you using cookies (which track your web activity, so enable us to serve ads to customers who have visited our Website). Where you see an ad on social media, this may be because we have engaged the social network to show ads to our customers, or users who match the demographic profile of our customers. In some cases, this may involve sharing your email address with the social network. If you no longer want to see tailored ads you can change your cookie and privacy settings on your browser and these third-party websites.
Updating this statement
ETI may update this privacy notice by posting a new version on this website.
You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are familiar with any changes.
You have certain rights in respect of your personal information, including the right to access, correct, and request the erasure of your personal information.
You also have the right to object to your personal information being used for certain purposes, including to send you marketing. See ‘Marketing’ above, for more details of how to opt-out of marketing.
We will comply with any requests to exercise your rights in accordance with applicable law. Please be aware, however, that there are a number of limitations to these rights, and there may be circumstances where we are not able to comply with your request. To make any requests regarding your personal information, or if you have any questions or concerns regarding your personal information, you should contact us using the details below.You are also entitled to contact your local supervisory authority for data protection.